Friday, November 16, 2012

Hazing

We know, we know. You want wedding and honeymoon pictures. We promise they're coming.
In the meantime...
 
(The view from our back yard, facing the neighbor's house)

My (Rachel's) first Wyoming winter has begun. The snow seems to have decided to come at the exact same time that Kory left town on a "business trip" to sunny California. The snowblower also seems to be out of commission. Coincidence? I think not.


It seems as though my Wyoming initiation has arrived as I am left to shovel the snow on my own. 

(The front view of our house. Notice the ominous snowmarkers to the left. They're about as tall as I am...)

This is what it looked like the morning after I shoveled the driveway. This is beginning to seem a bit less like initiation and a bit more like hazing.


In rebellion, I have decided to enjoy myself, complete with snowangel making. May the snowplaying continue!

9 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I'm so excited you guys have a blog! We miss you. Good luck with the white-outs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Break out the hot chocolate! I'm so glad you're blogging again. I've missed yours.

    That's some serious snow and very serious snow markers. Oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you too! Please keep blogging!

    I think you should pretend you are in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and just sing, "In November the snow starts to fly...piling up...ankle high. In December it's up to your knees..." and then maybe throw snowballs with rocks in them at Kory to make up for him leaving you all by your lonesome to shovel the driveway. Just kidding. I think snowballs with rocks are bad for marriages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for blogging!! We'll encourage each other to blog, how does that sound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to see an update on your life! Miss you! and uh..CONGRATS ON THE WEDDING! GEez I'm out of the loop :). Seems like you've got some serious hazing going on...good thing you grew up in Idaho right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Ande. Put a really tight corsett on so you can hit the high notes, and don't get a sliver as you swing around the attic pole! May you find some snowshoes very soonly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to come act out Seven Brides For Seven Brothers with you! Good thinking, Ande. I am very excited to see wedding/honeymoon pictures. Post soon!!!

    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I want to seven brides for seven brothers again. Still no snow here in twin. Maybe by Christmas. So glad you have a blog will have to get mine up and running again. Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could blog again you know...I miss you.

      Delete