Monday, December 2, 2013

Introducing...

...our light. Little Lucy Arvella (whose name means light) was born on November 9th in Jackson, WY; a whole month sooner than expected! She was 18 1/2" long and weighed 5lbs 3oz.

(Taken today. This was our attempt at a homemade photo shoot.)

And now, a VERY brief synopsis of the first two weeks of Lucy's life:

Lucy made her grand entrance after my water broke (in session with a client) the day before. She was breach (only to be discovered as such after 20+ hours of labor...) so we had to do a C-Section (which I might add was horrendous for all parties involved.) Lucy was then rushed to the nursery for intensive care. Her little lungs were not ready to come into the world just yet.


Two days later, I joined Lucy on her first airplane ride to the University of Utah Hospital where they admitted her to the NBICU. Kory drove down and met us there. They told us to anticipate being there until her due date, December 9th, or longer.

(Getting ready for the ride.)

And Lucy grew her lungs faster than anyone expected.

 



We got to come home eight days later. The nurses all said she would not be there long from the beginning because "she's so feisty!"

 
 
And it feels so good to be home.



 
 

9 comments:

  1. What an eventful three weeks it's been! I loved seeing your "family picture" and the picture where Kory is reading her a story. Such good memories - keep them close to your heart. She's absolutely precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel she is beautiful! These little ones just have a mind of their own!! What an emotional rollercoaster of events, I'm so glad she's so "feisty" and home safe and sound now! I'm so sorry you and Lucy had to go through all of that; it's a real shock into motherhood that's for sure! But gets you loving where you're heart will burst within seconds of seeing that face. BTW, LOVE LOVE the name ;). We were actually set on naming Emelia "Lucy Ardella" or "Lucy Adele" based off family names (I'm Lucy remember :) ), but were inspired otherwise when she made her entrance. I thought it was very cool that I had thought of such a similar name! I sure miss you and am excited you get to hold sweet little Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's absolutely beautiful. So glad everything is going well. You look like a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. What a crazy beginning!! I'm sooooo glad she's okay and feisty! You go, Lucy girl, you go.
    Super excited for you guys. I love her name!
    .....and I might be jealous your pregnancy wasn't as long as mine are..;)
    Love you!
    Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally catching up on blog posts and saw this! What a little doll you have! Lucy is beautiful and I'm so glad she's home safe and sound! We will have to talk soon and catch up. Hope you're recovering well, too. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY FOR RACHEL, KORY, and LUCY!! I am so happy to hear about her and your story. I absolutely LOVE the picture of you holding her with the darker setting. It's beautiful. Again, just so happy for you. Congratulations to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my new babies are so sweet cant wait to meet her! Super cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! She is beautiful and it looks like you are thoroughly enjoying her. I love all the pictures. I'm so glad she got to come home so early! Enjoy all the cuddling--Zeph arches his back when I try to cuddle him now. Can't wait to see more of Lucy!

    ReplyDelete